CBS Open Science
CBS Open Science is an institute-wide initiative to empower open, transparent, and reproducible research at the MPI CBS. We organize regular meetings and workshops for researchers at all career levels to foster open science in their daily work.
The open science movement has been unfolding intensively over the past years to improve the credibility and reproducibility of science. Key domains of open practices include preregistering studies and ideas, publishing with open access, and publicly sharing data and code.
Our mission is to promote these practices at our institute with a forum for knowledge exchange. In regular meetings and workshops we aim to establish open science guidelines by collectively discussing state of the art open science practices, critically evaluating their pros and cons for researchers at the institute, and solving challenges that may arise.
If you are interested, please subscribe to our mailing list email@example.com, and do not hesitate to drop us a line if you want to get involved! We are also happy to receive questions on open science topics via the mailing list.
You are also welcome to join our tri-weekly meetings and become part of one of our current or future projects.
- Advancing the responsible conduct of research at the MPI CBS – Recommendations from the Open Science Initiative
- Workshop on Science Communication: Gisela Govaart
- Workshop on the Brain Imaging Data Strucutre (BIDS): Saskia Helbling
- ReproducibiliTea journal club: Gisela Govaart, Katarzyna Gugnowska, Mariella Paul, Greta Häberle
- Preregistration template for EEG (current version): Gisela Govaart, Mariella Paul
- Preregistration template for fMRI (current version on Psycharchives; in case you would like to contribute, here’s the work in progress document): Frauke Beyer, Sandra Martin
- Website: Ilona Lipp, Alexander Enge
- Twitter: Lieneke Janssen, Jacob Bellmund, Lara Puhlmann, Gisela Govaart