CBS Open Science
CBS Open Science is an institute-wide initiative to empower open, transparent, and reproducible research at the MPI CBS. We organize regular meetings and workshops for researchers at all career levels to foster open science in their daily work.
The open science movement has been unfolding intensively over the past years to improve the credibility and reproducibility of science. Key domains of open practices include pre-registering studies and ideas, publishing open access, and publicly sharing data and code.
Our mission is to promote these practices at our institute with a forum for knowledge exchange. In regular meetings and workshops we aim to establish open science guidelines by collectively discussing state of the art open science practices, critically evaluating their pros and cons for researchers at the institute, and solving challenges that may arise.
Everyone is welcome to join our monthly meetings and to become part of one of our task forces:
- Preregistration templates: Gisela Govaart, Mariella Paul (EEG) and Frauke Beyer (fMRI)
- Project proposal template: Maria Paerisch
- Resources (with a focus on preregistration & registered reports): Lara Puhlmann and Jacob Bellmund
- ReproducibiliTea journal club: Gisela Govaart, Katarzyna Gugnowska, Mariella Paul
- Workshop on Transparency in Statistics: Lieneke Janssen
- Workshop on BIDS: Saskia Helbling
- Website: Ilona Lipp, Lieneke Janssen
- Twitter: Lieneke Janssen, Jacob Bellmund, Lara Puhlmann, Gisela Govaart
If you are interested, please subscribe to our mailing list mailinglist email@example.com, and don’t hesitate to drop us a line if you want to get involved! We are also happy to receive questions on Open Science topics through the mailing list